Per 2016, RMID pindah ke RMID Discord (Invite link dihapus untuk mencegah spambot -Theo @ 2019). Posting sudah tidak bisa dilakukan lagi.
Mohon maaf atas ketidaknyamanannya dan mohon kerjasamanya.

Share | 

The Universal Network v1.5

Topik sebelumnya Topik selanjutnya Go down 
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 02:32
PostThe Universal Network v1.5
dizzyinc 
dizzyinc

Level 5
Engine : RMVX
Skill : Intermediate
Type : Writer

The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Vide
First topic message reminder :

The Universal Network v1.5
(First release in a series)

The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 481756_480018155374264_1214741935_n_zps38ef2181

PLOT:
Spoiler:

GENRE: Adventure, Fantasy

ENGINE: Rpg Maker VX

CHARACTERS:
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

OFFICIAL TRAILER:
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:
Spoiler:

NON-RTP DOWNLOAD (99.7mb file size)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

FACEBOOK:
Spoiler:

GAMEPLAY LENGTH:
Spoiler:

CREDITS:
Spoiler:

MUSIC:
Spoiler:

This is my first game release EVER! So please make sure to leave ample feedback if you did or didn't like the game, how the game worked for you, etc.
Thanks!

Terakhir diubah oleh dizzyinc tanggal 2013-02-21, 00:12, total 2 kali diubah

The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 10:57
PostRe: The Universal Network v1.5
dizzyinc 

I will try using a compression program and let you know. :kacang:
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 11:24
dizzyinc 
dizzyinc

Level 5

richter_h wrote:
dizzyinc wrote:
So I removed all the RTP data and still ended up with a 200mb package, thats without the divx installer. It def. is the custom audio files that are included. There really is no way in getting around it X( the audio alone takes up 178mb. Any ideas on what i should do?

Try to trim the audios, or try convert them into smaller one (at cost of sound quality of course).
And what software for this job? Audacity is the free solution and yet simple to use. Grab one here >> audacity.sourceforge.net/

Another option is using MIDIs, like I did to my game (and save about 20-30MB compared to if I use MP3s and 10-15MB if I use OGGs).

After all, the choice is yours.

Well I would really like you guys to be able to try my game so I will convert the files to midi and compress it as best as I can then post a new link for download ^_^
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 13:25
EmperorAlan 
Senior
Senior
EmperorAlan

Level 5
Engine : RMVX Ace
Skill : Very Beginner
Type : Developer

Broken English ahead :kabur:
I can download a 300MB file, but surely I wouldn't waste my time download this.
The Maps is quite unique yet doesn't make sense and feels like pasted out all over. Beside, why do I see RTP charsets mixed with Mack's?
What's up with the mixed Ace generator faceset with Facemaker one? Stick with one if you should, though I don't like both of them.

Putting a video in this along with a codec? No wonder with that huge size. You should remove it, unless it was really important one and even then, I really don't suggest it.
Googled some of your musics and suprised too see an album of them reach 100MB, don't tell me you include all of them inside your game?
Really, 15-20 track is enough for a 1-2 hours gameplay. Remove some of them or try to convert them.
That aside, it's quite good, if not over-ambitious for a first try. =w=b

Terakhir diubah oleh EmperorAlan tanggal 2013-02-20, 18:34, total 1 kali diubah
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 13:54
dizzyinc 
dizzyinc

Level 5

EmperorAlan wrote:
Broken English ahead :kabur:
I can download a 300MB file, but surely I wouldn't waste my time download this.
The Maps is quite unique yet doesn't make sense and feels like pasted out all over. Beside, why do I see RTP charsets mixed with Mack's?
What's up with the mixed Ace generator faceset with Facemaker one? Stick with one of you should, though I don't like both of them.

Putting a video in this along with a codec? No wonder with that huge size. You should remove it, unless it was really important one and even then, I really don't suggest it.
Googled some of your musics and suprised too see an album of them reach 100MB, don't tell me you include all of them inside your game?
Really, 15-20 track is enough for a 1-2 hours gameplay. Remove some of them or try to convert them.
That aside, it's quite good, if not over-ambitious for a first try. =w=b

Thanks for your feedback :D Indeed it was a very ambitious attempt for my first go and I might say it mostly worked out quiet well except for the lack of mapping skills I have hehe

As far as the music goes I only used a few of my own personal instrumental tracks in the game itself, others were from collaborators or royalty free, the videos themselves I just double checked are mostly very small as they are low quality avi's. (only 2 video files)

The videos are important scenes for the game non the less although I won't be using video for cut scenes in the future as I have learned it's better to animate my cut scenes in VX, they will look better ;)

Funny enough I decided to go with different char sets and face sets near the end of the completion of game as I felt the original ones were lacking. I do understand, I need to stick with one set of face and char sets, although the smaller char sets were perfect for displaying a child in the scenes that were necessary.

As my first game, I did go through a lot of major changes as the game progressed and learned quiet a lot about choosing what to use prior to the actual creation of the game.
With the new game I am making now I am taking a lot of time in developing compilation of scripts, char sets, bust images, tile sets, etc. prior to the game's creation to insure stability in the presentation and satisfactory usage with everything :D

Perhaps you want to see the new game idea I am working on now?
It is entirely different from this game idea and has very little content to show BUT
I am working on it :D

The new game is called "Just Beneath The Skin", more info can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Beneath-The-Skin/371511906290442

Thanks for your feedback and I do hope that at some time, you will try out my game (despite the size) and give me some pointers (or more feedback)! :D

(I tried removing all the RTP data as well as converted my music tracks into wave and still came up with a woping 200mb file :( too bad, sorry)
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 18:13
The Dila 
Novice
Novice
The Dila

Level 5
Skill : Very Beginner

362.27 MB for 1-2 hours gameplay? :gasp:
I think you should reduce the file size. Your map look terrible. Use software to reduce the size of files that exist in your game. I suggest online. As suggested richter_h.
But, since this your first game, I still can understand. :3

If you do not understand Indonesian, give "English" tag in your post. Remember, this Indonesian forum.
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-20, 18:28
ashm 
Veteran
Veteran
ashm

Level 5
Engine : RMVX Ace
Type : Event Designer
Awards:

I'll watching this thread, once the file is settled I'll put it in my "Index completed games"
thread if you would.

Some Map are decent, and other are really... beginner-work. Did you work with other mapper ?
My advice is stop mapping when your mind tired. Refreshing (do other thing) and then return mapping.

For dual type of using chara (RTP and Mack) maybe it's work for some cutscene, but not in the same scene.
And... yeah. the worst part is unconsistence using faceset :why:
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-21, 00:10
dizzyinc 
dizzyinc

Level 5

Alright everyone I finally reduced the size down to 99.7mb :D
Here are the new links for the non-rtp version:

Torrent

Dropbox

I hope this works out better for everyone! Thanks and Let me know!

Other info:

I did not work with anyone else on this production, it was me doing everything, thanks for the tips on mapping ;) very handy!
The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-21, 00:14
dizzyinc 
dizzyinc

Level 5

The Universal Network v1.5 - Page 1 Empty2013-02-26, 21:33
ashm